Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Dessert, Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup (63 g) chia seeds
- ¼ cup (24 g) cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-5 tablespoons (30-75 ml) maple syrup, if not blending
(can sub 5-9 pitted dates, if blending)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. If not blending, sweeten to taste with maple syrup at this time. If blending, you can sweeten later with maple syrup
- Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it's achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
- Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola or coconut whipped cream. Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days, though best when fresh.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!